Sunday, February 28, 2010

no news is good news.

sorry i haven't blogged in a bit. have just been settling in, getting things done, running errands, and figuring out life half way around the world.

the last few weekends have been uneventful. my stuff arrived a few weeks ago meaning i spent a lot of time unpacking/stuffing things under my bed. everything seems to have found a place at this point though, whether it likes it or not.

i also found a dance studio which is great news because it means i'm dancing again. i've taken a few ballet classes so far and am looking forward to trying lots more. they have exercise classes and pilates too and it's only 10 minutes walk away from my flat so hopefully lots of time will be spent there burning off the last few months of eating out all the time.

other than that, not a lot to report. my allergies have kicked in here which made this weekend somewhat miserable health wise. and it was really cold today so you put two and two together and get lots of time spent at home/in warm cafes reading.

i did spot on my walk home though some new window displays at selfridges. everyone here is very excited about the new 'alice in wonderland' movie and selfridges (huge department store) did all their window displays up to celebrate. there were so many little hidden details. loved it.



that's about it for now. i'm off to paris next weekend to meet up with diana and treat myself to lots of crepes and macaroons for my birthday. thanks to everyone who has already remembered and sent lots of goodies along!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are dancing again! And how fun you get to just hop on over to Paris for a minute.
    I joined the city's adult co-ed power volleyball league. Just to remind me how out-of-shape I really am...J/k. It's been a great workout-slash-something to take out my work-related frustrations on...healthier to smack a ball than someone's noggin, probably. ;) Keep blogging, and I'll do the same, friend.

    ReplyDelete